Safe Routes to School Palo Alto


Accident Reports


To report an accident requiring emergency response, please dial 9-1-1.

Accidents involving Students:

Report accidents involving students even if there are no injuries, by calling (650) 329-2413, the non-emergency number for the Palo Alto Police Department.  Also, contact your school office to fill out the PAUSD incident report form.


In addition, you should complete an Incident Report Form at your school.  The main office will have a form that should be submitted to track and record the incident.


Reporting an accident is critical to identifying and tracking safety issues.

Other Accident Information

To get help with non-emergency issues ranging from speeding, red light running, and stop sign violations, to traffic hazards or dangerous intersections, click here for Traffic Complaint Form.


Or, use Palo Alto 311, a new online reporting tool for your smartphone.

PaloAlto311 is the easiest way to report problems to any of these city departments. PaloAlto311 is a tool for conveniently reporting problems to City of Palo Alto Transportation, PAPD or Public Works via smart phone 24/7. Go to Or you can install the PaloAlto311 app on your smartphone and make your report there.


On the Service Request page or in the app, you can choose from the following categories:

  • Traffic Congestion or traffic safety concern
  • Unsafe driving behavior or speeding (non-emergency)
  • Improvements to school bicycle or walking route
  • Under Bicycles there is a tab for Improvements to school bicycle or walking route.


For other reports, you may contact the Palo Alto Police Department at:

275 Forest Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301

(650) 329-2413 (non-emergency)

(650) 617-3120 (fax)